Who knew having a baby would be so time consuming and would leave so little time for reading!?
Ha ha ha.
My adventure with Jasper Fforde's books started last year with The Eyre Affair (highly recommend!), and because my library doesn't have any further books in that series, I started on the Last Dragonslayer series. The Eye of Zoltar is the third book in that series that revolves around Jennifer Strange. She is an orphan who runs Kazam, an employment agency for magicians in a time when magic is weak and fading even more.
In this book, the Mighty Shandar (the most powerful wizard ever) is back. He has a beef with Jennifer, who ruined the progress he'd made on a deal from long ago. In order to make amends, Jennifer must bring him the Eye of Zoltar. Unfortunately, the journey will be a very dangerous one into the Cambrian Empire, where their tour guide estimates their survival rate to be around 50%.
If you haven't read other books by Jasper Fforde, read them. If you haven't read this series, read it!
The books are quirky and very cleverly written. Jennifer and her colleague's adventures are interesting, the dialogue is great and realistic, and the plot makes sense (I mean, as much as it can make sense and be realistic, considering it's a book about magic).
I have to say that, while this series is great, I prefer the Thursday Next book that I've read. This book was more predictable than past ones, which was a little disappointing. My next book in the Jasper Fforde adventures will have to be another from that series.
Rating: 4/5
Recenzja powstała w ramach wyzwania WyPożyczone.
Ha ha ha.
My adventure with Jasper Fforde's books started last year with The Eyre Affair (highly recommend!), and because my library doesn't have any further books in that series, I started on the Last Dragonslayer series. The Eye of Zoltar is the third book in that series that revolves around Jennifer Strange. She is an orphan who runs Kazam, an employment agency for magicians in a time when magic is weak and fading even more.
In this book, the Mighty Shandar (the most powerful wizard ever) is back. He has a beef with Jennifer, who ruined the progress he'd made on a deal from long ago. In order to make amends, Jennifer must bring him the Eye of Zoltar. Unfortunately, the journey will be a very dangerous one into the Cambrian Empire, where their tour guide estimates their survival rate to be around 50%.
If you haven't read other books by Jasper Fforde, read them. If you haven't read this series, read it!
The books are quirky and very cleverly written. Jennifer and her colleague's adventures are interesting, the dialogue is great and realistic, and the plot makes sense (I mean, as much as it can make sense and be realistic, considering it's a book about magic).
I have to say that, while this series is great, I prefer the Thursday Next book that I've read. This book was more predictable than past ones, which was a little disappointing. My next book in the Jasper Fforde adventures will have to be another from that series.
Rating: 4/5
Recenzja powstała w ramach wyzwania WyPożyczone.
Comments
Post a Comment