I read this book, because everyone I know seemed to be going crazy about it. I borrowed the Polish/English version and would give a big thumbs up to the translator, who did a fantastic job.
As for my review of the original works, I wrote a poem in the style of the book to sum up my feelings on this one:
if i write
without
capitalization and punctuation
but
add line breaks at
random moments that don't
add meaning
to the actual poem
did i just write a
without
capitalization and punctuation
but
add line breaks at
random moments that don't
add meaning
to the actual poem
did i just write a
poem
I enjoy poetry when it's well written, but I didn't like this book of poetry. I felt it was overrated and not original. There were definitely a few poems I liked, but it was disappointing to read essentially the same poem over and over - there were very few new ideas between each poem and also very few new ideas in the book as a whole.
I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the poems themselves. I expect poems to be lyrical and to express a different idea - it may be along the same thing, but I don't want to read the same sentence several times in one book - like with Maya Angelou, Wallace Stevens, Robert Frost, Wisława Szymborska, e.e. cummings, etc. I felt these were better published where the author originally published them - on Instagram.
Recenzja powstała w ramach wyzwania WyPożyczone.


Comments
Post a Comment