Rage (Gniew) by Zygmunt Miloszewski is the third book in its series. I mainly read this book, because it was one of those Kindle First books offered (for May?) and the rest of the books offered looked terrible. I had also previously read A Grain of Truth (Ziarno prawdy) in Polish and English (recommend!) and really enjoyed it.
Now all I have to do is read the first book in the series, Entanglement... I read this series a little backwards.
I actually preferred book #2 over this one: I didn't like the ending, mainly because I found it too confusing as a reader (I don't like being left out of the loop for so long, though I had suspected something). I especially liked this book, though, because I'm familiar with Olsztyn and its 11 lakes and did enjoy reading a book set in a familiar location.
As a person with a translation degree who works in the translation industry, I also have to give a shout out to the translator, Antonia Lloyd-Jones, who totally killed it with this translation. As in, she's amazing and I really want to read more of her work and, of course, the work of the authors she translates.
I'm rather sad that the adventures of Teodor Szacki have come to an end. Who's next!?

Comments
Post a Comment