I was introduced to Kelley Armstrong in September 2014 with the first book in the Cainsville series, Omens. While impatiently waiting for the next books to be printed, I dove into her other series, including the Darkest Powers, Darkness Rising, and, finally, Women of the Otherworld series. While I highly recommend reading her books, I'm just finished the Otherworld series and it's fresh in my mind.
I really enjoyed most of the characters, though I absolutely hated the 5th book and thought it was completely unrealistic (and I know - it's a book about ghosts, so how realistic can it be? But that was bad). I especially liked the stories about Savannah, which we got to follow to the end.
The prologue to Thirteen describes Kelley Armstrong's own journey while writing the novels. She writes that it took her a while to figure out the direction of the series, but that when she did, it really clicked. As a reader, that's very apparent. The books ranged from amazing to eh, but is overall recommended if you likes vampires and witches and werewolves and demons.
And don't worry if you're not into the "Twilight" series - this is a lot more interesting than that series (which I did read, but I don't recommend).
The thirteen books of the series are:
I really enjoyed most of the characters, though I absolutely hated the 5th book and thought it was completely unrealistic (and I know - it's a book about ghosts, so how realistic can it be? But that was bad). I especially liked the stories about Savannah, which we got to follow to the end.
The prologue to Thirteen describes Kelley Armstrong's own journey while writing the novels. She writes that it took her a while to figure out the direction of the series, but that when she did, it really clicked. As a reader, that's very apparent. The books ranged from amazing to eh, but is overall recommended if you likes vampires and witches and werewolves and demons.
And don't worry if you're not into the "Twilight" series - this is a lot more interesting than that series (which I did read, but I don't recommend).
The thirteen books of the series are:
- Bitten
- Stolen
- Dime Store Magic
- Industrial Magic
- Haunted
- Broken
- Humans Involved
- Personal Demons
- Living with the Dead
- Frostbitten
- Waking the Witch
- Spell Bound
- Thirteen
Enjoy.
Comments
Post a Comment