I have to say first that this book wasn't what I was anticipating. I was expecting something more along the lines of Tina Fey's Bossypants. But that's my fault for seeing something with The Daily Show in the title and immediately going for it, rather than reading the full title and summary.
Anyhoo!
The Daily Show: An Oral History as Told by Jon Stewart, the Correspondents, Staff and Guests by Chris Smith is an entertaining tale of the history of the show from the point of view of those involved. I only started watching the show when I was in high school (after 9/11), so the early history was completely new to me.
This was an amusing and interesting read - and especially fun when read on the voice of each contributor. I would've loved an accompanying video to watch the segments referenced in the book, but that's also basically why YouTube was invented.
Comments
Post a Comment