I don't actually live in Mikołajki, but it's close enough that I think I can still call this past weekend a "staycation".
We are in a converted Prussian schoolhouse that now has six apartments; one apartment is empty, one is ours, two are neighbors, and two are brothers in law and their families. My MIL lives a mere 3 minute walk away. Needless to say, I sometimes need to get away.
Last weekend we stayed at a cousin's husband's parents' guesthouse on a lake near Mikołajki. The only downside was that the weather decided to suddenly become cold and rainy (whereas the previous week had been in the upper 70s and lovely). Poland.
We headed out Friday evening after work. As soon as possible!
There was some sleeping in the car on the way there and we had to take some drastic measures to ensure the light wouldn't be in our eyes (he covered his face, not us).
We ate at an expensive crepe place, but look at the crepe! I get hungry just looking at it.
We are in a converted Prussian schoolhouse that now has six apartments; one apartment is empty, one is ours, two are neighbors, and two are brothers in law and their families. My MIL lives a mere 3 minute walk away. Needless to say, I sometimes need to get away.
Last weekend we stayed at a cousin's husband's parents' guesthouse on a lake near Mikołajki. The only downside was that the weather decided to suddenly become cold and rainy (whereas the previous week had been in the upper 70s and lovely). Poland.
We headed out Friday evening after work. As soon as possible!
There was some sleeping in the car on the way there and we had to take some drastic measures to ensure the light wouldn't be in our eyes (he covered his face, not us).
I recommend visiting Mikołajki, especially in the off-season. It's probably prettier during the summer and all, but way too crowded. This area sees a lot of German visitors each year, partially due to the fact that it was previously Prussia. You can tell which ones are the Germans if you're at a beach (lake, sea, whichever), because they're the naked ones.
Anyway, you can still see how awesome it is in these pictures, although it was chilly and rainy. Here ya go!
Yum.




Comments
Post a Comment