Spring has arrived in Mazury officially (it's been at least a week of good weather, I call that official)!
You might even say that summer has arrived, since this weekend reached a high of 25C/77F, which is basically a Polish summer.
Here are some things you can enjoy during a Mazurian spring:
1. Scenery!
3. Lakes (thanks to living in the Masurian Lake District)!
There's more, like BBQs, dog poop everywhere, etc., but I won't post pictures of that.
One food item that was present at our most recent BBQ was this thing:
Which led me to the conclusion (although it's been obvious for a while) that Poles will make sausages out of ANYTHING. This particular sausage, I had just assumed it was a white sausage - a meaty one. The descriptions says "nasza kiszka ziemniaczana" - so something with potatoes, but I disregarded that and figured it had more to do with the color. Nope, it's a potato sausage. DELISH, but weird (which can describe most things in Poland, honestly).
You might even say that summer has arrived, since this weekend reached a high of 25C/77F, which is basically a Polish summer.
Here are some things you can enjoy during a Mazurian spring:
1. Scenery!
2. Mosquitos and mosquito and fly poop all over my monitors (thanks to living in the Masurian Lake District!)
There's more, like BBQs, dog poop everywhere, etc., but I won't post pictures of that.
One food item that was present at our most recent BBQ was this thing:
Which led me to the conclusion (although it's been obvious for a while) that Poles will make sausages out of ANYTHING. This particular sausage, I had just assumed it was a white sausage - a meaty one. The descriptions says "nasza kiszka ziemniaczana" - so something with potatoes, but I disregarded that and figured it had more to do with the color. Nope, it's a potato sausage. DELISH, but weird (which can describe most things in Poland, honestly).








Comments
Post a Comment