Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Harry Potter!
I started reading the books in 1999 or 1998, sometime after I turned 11. I remember being heartbroken that it meant I was a Muggle.
After I started reading, I became one of those who'd go to the bookstore and movie theater at midnight to see or get the new Harry Potter. My friends and I made t-shirts relating to Quidditch. I was (am?) a nerd who very much loved (loves!) Harry Potter.
When Cursed Child was announced, I was thrilled that a Harry Potter-related book was coming out - I'd get to re-live the magic again! Sadly, I was extremely disappointed in that book. It wasn't written by J.K. Rowling and you could tell.
But then Fantastic Beasts was announced! It is another screenplay, which obviously isn't the same experience as a full book, but at least it only contains J.K. Rowling's name in the author line. I was very excited about this one, but also quite hesitant, as I didn't want to be let down as with the aforementioned screenplay. This book was published in November 2016, but I didn't read it until June 2017 (yeah, and wrote a review another six months later...).
I thought about watching the movie, but had very little time to do so.

So, I read it. Since it's a screenplay, it's a pretty quick read. But, after reading the book I still feel like I should watch the movie. The book wasn't a disappointment, but I am eagerly awaiting another book by J.K. Rowling.
Related: I highly recommend her recent books, both the ones under her name and her pseudonym.
I started reading the books in 1999 or 1998, sometime after I turned 11. I remember being heartbroken that it meant I was a Muggle.
After I started reading, I became one of those who'd go to the bookstore and movie theater at midnight to see or get the new Harry Potter. My friends and I made t-shirts relating to Quidditch. I was (am?) a nerd who very much loved (loves!) Harry Potter.
When Cursed Child was announced, I was thrilled that a Harry Potter-related book was coming out - I'd get to re-live the magic again! Sadly, I was extremely disappointed in that book. It wasn't written by J.K. Rowling and you could tell.
But then Fantastic Beasts was announced! It is another screenplay, which obviously isn't the same experience as a full book, but at least it only contains J.K. Rowling's name in the author line. I was very excited about this one, but also quite hesitant, as I didn't want to be let down as with the aforementioned screenplay. This book was published in November 2016, but I didn't read it until June 2017 (yeah, and wrote a review another six months later...).
I thought about watching the movie, but had very little time to do so.

So, I read it. Since it's a screenplay, it's a pretty quick read. But, after reading the book I still feel like I should watch the movie. The book wasn't a disappointment, but I am eagerly awaiting another book by J.K. Rowling.
Related: I highly recommend her recent books, both the ones under her name and her pseudonym.

Comments
Post a Comment