Why would anyone publish this book? This was the worst thing I've read since 50 Shades of Grey. And I didn't think it could get worse than that.
I am so disappointed in this book and the fact that I spent my hard-earned money on this nonsense. The only thing that I'm pleased about is that I read it in Polish, so at least I got to practice reading Polish. Too bad it was shit.
First of all, the summary of the book is extremely misleading. I thought I was reading a thriller, not another terribly-written romance. The description mentions that Emma doesn't live at Folgate Street 1 anymore, Jane does. The ladies are very similar when it comes to appearance and the fact that they're both looking for a new start in life. There are so many similarities, but what's the difference? Emma's not alive anymore, but Jane still is. Jane seems to be following in the same footsteps as Jane - meeting the same people, experiencing the same "terror" as the girl before.
What terror? The writing was not good enough to make me scared for Emma or Jane. The "twists" were predictable from a mile away. It was just overall a weird and slimy book. We (again) have a guy named Edward who's a creep just like another dominant male character in another book.
We follow the ladies as they experience the same events - eating at the same restaurants, meeting the same people, talking to the same psychiatrist, but it was hard to tell who's perspective I was reading at the time. There's no personality in the writing and nothing that makes it easy to tell who's who.
I would not call the ending a twist at all. It's easy to figure out who the perp is, as the list of suspects is tiny. And not only was that totally transparent, the ladies we were following turned out to be major creeps also. The ending is not a win for womankind - this book is still wrong on so many levels, plus one more.
Rating: 0/5
I am so disappointed in this book and the fact that I spent my hard-earned money on this nonsense. The only thing that I'm pleased about is that I read it in Polish, so at least I got to practice reading Polish. Too bad it was shit.
First of all, the summary of the book is extremely misleading. I thought I was reading a thriller, not another terribly-written romance. The description mentions that Emma doesn't live at Folgate Street 1 anymore, Jane does. The ladies are very similar when it comes to appearance and the fact that they're both looking for a new start in life. There are so many similarities, but what's the difference? Emma's not alive anymore, but Jane still is. Jane seems to be following in the same footsteps as Jane - meeting the same people, experiencing the same "terror" as the girl before.
What terror? The writing was not good enough to make me scared for Emma or Jane. The "twists" were predictable from a mile away. It was just overall a weird and slimy book. We (again) have a guy named Edward who's a creep just like another dominant male character in another book.
We follow the ladies as they experience the same events - eating at the same restaurants, meeting the same people, talking to the same psychiatrist, but it was hard to tell who's perspective I was reading at the time. There's no personality in the writing and nothing that makes it easy to tell who's who.
I would not call the ending a twist at all. It's easy to figure out who the perp is, as the list of suspects is tiny. And not only was that totally transparent, the ladies we were following turned out to be major creeps also. The ending is not a win for womankind - this book is still wrong on so many levels, plus one more.
Rating: 0/5
Comments
Post a Comment