Lessons from Bookstagram, part 1.
I have an account on Instagram (visible on the side of this blog, of course!) and post pictures occasionally. Well, I post pictures more often than I post anything on this blog.
Anyway.
I always love looking at pictures of books and getting suggestions from those accounts on what books to read. There have been a few good finds via "Bookstagram" on what to read, but I often find that the trending books aren't really my style. This was one of those examples of books that aren't my style, but I realized that too late.
The Royals Series, I learned, is not for me.
However, because I have to finish a book once I start unless it's really not interesting... I finished it.
Please - if you've read these books and liked them, explain to me why.
Do the authors of these books know that the characters are terrible? Was that the goal? Or do they really think that these type of male characters, if they were real people, are attractive and good people and not extremely abusive? Like, is it for the story, or do they think that that is how real men should behave?
What is with these books with a sweet and innocent female character and a totally abusive male character (or characters)?
I do not recommend; do not read.
I have an account on Instagram (visible on the side of this blog, of course!) and post pictures occasionally. Well, I post pictures more often than I post anything on this blog.
Anyway.
I always love looking at pictures of books and getting suggestions from those accounts on what books to read. There have been a few good finds via "Bookstagram" on what to read, but I often find that the trending books aren't really my style. This was one of those examples of books that aren't my style, but I realized that too late.
The Royals Series, I learned, is not for me.
However, because I have to finish a book once I start unless it's really not interesting... I finished it.
Please - if you've read these books and liked them, explain to me why.
Do the authors of these books know that the characters are terrible? Was that the goal? Or do they really think that these type of male characters, if they were real people, are attractive and good people and not extremely abusive? Like, is it for the story, or do they think that that is how real men should behave?
What is with these books with a sweet and innocent female character and a totally abusive male character (or characters)?
I do not recommend; do not read.
Comments
Post a Comment