I enjoy learning languages, and I'm also good at it. I get frustrated when people hear me speak English and immediately assume that I can't speak Polish (or German). Or assume that their English is better than my Polish.
With B, I don't speak Polish and I don't want him to speak it with me. He'll sometimes translate for me if someone is speaking Polish, which I'm okay with and think is funny (I know, I'm a hypocrite).
However, I'm sometimes not sure if B occasionally speaks Polish to me because it's easier at the moment or if he's practicing (showing off to me that he can).... or if he knows my fear that he won't speak English like a native and is just trolling.
Today, he turns to me:
Patrzcie Leon!
At least I can be happy in the fact that his Polish is improving. We both have a lot to learn, though!
Comments
Post a Comment